Friday, August 13, 2010

Inspection and Sea Trial


We had some specific requirements when looking for a Catalina 400. We wanted a newer boat. After owning an older boat, I've found I'm more about using a boat, than working on a boat. While my Dad loved a project, I love a sail.

We also wanted in-mast furling. Yeah, I know about sail shape, lack of roach etc... I also know that if it takes 10 minutes to take off a sail cover and another 10 minutes to wrestle it back on later, that the sails won't go up for a 20 minute sail. I'm not that much of a purist.

We found a 2005 Catalina 400 in Marina Del Rey, CA and made an offer. I flew down for a sea trial, inspection and survey. All went well. Very few problems identified. Now it is just a matter of working out the logistics of getting the boat shipped up to Tacoma and put in the water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment